Thursday 19 February 2009

21st Century metal


After casually posting in the Etsy forums that I needed blog inspiration, I was delighted to be introduced to artist, blacksmith Whitney Potter. I have been instantly grabbed by Whitney's work: is it the typographic elements, so close to my designer's heart? Or is it the fact that some of his pieces look decidedly like rippled chocolate!


Despite there being less than 30 items in Whitney Potter's shop, his work is extremely varied, with folding and cutting, hammering and twisting. Designs are fluid and original. If only we had a touchy-feely interface!

2 comments:

happyment said...

Amazing work! I'm off to check the shop!
And congratulations! You have received PROXIMIDADE Blog Award! (See my blog for its meaning and have fun!)

Stucco Contractors Canton said...

Hi great readingg your post